Coy Hippo Logic? Missed Distinctions.

Mike Ossipoff dfb at bbs.cruzio.com
Sun Dec 1 05:43:54 PST 1996

I've always replied to Don as if he actually seriously meant what
he said. Often he doesn't. But let's not give him too much credit.
For instance, he may have very well believed the hippo logic
in his letter "we will deliver no mail before its time". No one
can say for sure. Was he being coy? Only his hairdresser knows
for sure.

But it might have been just another instance of coyness. Meaning
that he justified IRO by a standard (the Abused Candidate Rule)
which was identical to IRO's definition. I'm not saying that
he didn't believe what he was saying. But it could also be
that he's still on that thing of claiming that Condorcet is
being used to justify Condorcet, and demonstrating it by using
IRO to justify IRO.

Continued in subsequent message. I didn't get to "missed
distinctions" yet. I'm using separate short messages due
to frequent computer or system problems that result in the
loss of messages before mailing them.

Missed distinctions next.

Mike