Condorcet computer count

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 7 15:04:16 PDT 1996

On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, Ed Still wrote:
> Is there a computer program that will count Condorcet, MPV, Borda, etc right
> now?  Not a heavy duty, state-wide election grade program, but something that
> could handle, say, an election for a private group or city with a few
> thousand voters.

See:
http://www.eskimo.com/~robla/politics/condorcet-program.html

It's written in Perl 5, which has some really cool features that allowed
me to write the program such that the number of candidates and the number
of ballots is only limited by the memory of the computer you run it on.
The user interface isn't great, but Perl consultants are all over the
place, and I can recommend several who would be quite capable of sticking
whatever user interface you want on it.  The program is freeware, which
means you are free to copy and modify it, but if you redistribute it with
changes, the new version must also be freeware.

I also have a web page that uses the program, so you don't even need to
install it on your machine to try it out:

http://www.eskimo.com/~robla/politics/condorcet-front.html

Rob Lanphier
robla at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~robla