[EM] I propose an EM poll

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Mon Feb 19 02:11:25 PST 2007

It's been about 4 years since the most recent EM presidential poll.

I propose a poll, now, to vote on declared or semi-declared 2008
presidential candidates.

I suggest using 3 kinds of balloting: Approval, rankings, and ratings. The
most popular way to count rankings is BeatpathWinner, and that count will be
done. But of course anyone can count and report any other rank-count's
result.

We've all heard about the Repub. & Dem. candidates who are interested in
running. I'll list them and a few other candidates. I'll report what I found
on the web about their positions on Iraq.

Candidates:

Nader said that he might run if Hillary Clinton runs. Nader undoubtedly
favors immediate withdrawal from Iraq.

Peter Camejo was Nader's running mate recently, and probably likewise favors
immediate withdrawal.

The Greens' Rebecca Rotzler expressed intention to run for the Greens'
nomination. She said that the Greens insist on immediate withdrawal from
Iraq.

Libertraian Michael Badnarik said he'd like to run for the Libertarian
nomination, and favors immediate withdrawal. But not in quite as explicit
terms as Rotzler, in the one article that I had time to read.

Dennis Kucinich advocates immediate withdrawal from Iraq. He's and Mike
Gavel are apparently  the only Democrats who do.

In general, the Democrats speak of a "change of course", which tends to
consist of hoping for an exit strategy.

Hillary Clinton opposes using Congressional spending power to stop the war.
So does Dodd.

H. Clinton, Biden, Dodd, and Edwards all voted to authorize the war.

John McCain, Rudi Giulani, & Mitt Romney support increasing troop levels in
Iraq.

Ron Paul is a rare Republian who voted agains the war in 2002.

This information is from an AP article called The 2008 presidential
candidates on Iraq, and from the website of Rotzler and an article by
Badnarik.

I'm just doing my best to quote those sources.

Mike Ossipoff