[EM] election-methods-list moving

Adam Tarr atarr at purdue.edu
Sun Feb 16 20:53:30 PST 2003

>I plan on going with a more standard behavior of respecting
>the sender's reply-to.  The case for the latter behavior is made here:
>http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Rob,

While I agree with the principles noted here, it's worth noting that there
is one disadvantage to standard reply-to handling which is not
mentioned.  That is that most people who hit "reply-to-all" are lazy and
don't bother to erase the sender's name.  This results in the sender
getting two copies of their message (one directly, and one through the
list).  Once a thread gets long, you can have five or six people getting
multiple copies of every message.  I'm on lists that work this way, and
it's annoying, if not catastrophic.

But I do see the arguments the other way.  Either is fine by me.  Thanks
for keeping the list up and running.

-Adam

P.S.  oops, looks like I sent this to the whole list. ;)

----