[EM] election-methods-list moving

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 16 18:21:01 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

I'd like to let everyone know that I'll be moving the
election-methods-list to another ISP in the next couple of weeks or so.
Eskimo.com has been a wonderful low-price way of maintaining the list for
the past 7 years, but I've migrating everything I do over to
dreamhost.com, and that's going to include this.

If everything goes well, the transition will be reasonably seamless.
There will be a new address (stay tuned for that), but I'm hoping that
election-methods-list at eskimo.com will continue to work after the
transition (at least for a while).  There will be a brand new web-based
archive that will go all of the way back to 1996, and subscription options
will be available through a web based interface.  The new system is based
on MailMan (http://www.list.org/).

I plan on changing the "Reply-to:" behavior when I make the switch.
Currently, replies go strictly to the list because I've got the list
configured to change the reply-to line to the email list ("reply-to
munging").  I plan on going with a more standard behavior of respecting
the sender's reply-to.  The case for the latter behavior is made here:

Those that have subscribed through Yahoo! Groups may have a rougher
transition.  If you are subscribed through there, and the list stops
working, then visit http://www.eskimo.com/~robla/em.  If you are
subscribed via Yahoo!, you can avoid headaches by subscribing via Eskimo
prior to the transition.

Let me know if you have an questions/concerns.

Thanks
Rob

Rob Lanphier
robla at eskimo.com