[EM] Salon.com article on voting machines

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 20 07:45:17 PST 2003

Some people may find this interesting:

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/02/20/voting_machines/index.html

The only really misguided comment was when at one point the author seemed
to imply that there's something wrong with posting the source code for the
machines' operating system on the Internet.  I think it's best if it be
available for everybody to inspect, so those who wish to can verify that
it has no bias, and is relatively robust against tampering (I say
relatively because nothing is 100% robust against fraud, just ask any
Chicago or Florida elections official).

Alex

----