[EM] Interesting use of Borda count

Steve Barney barnes992001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 12:29:22 PST 2002

Bart:

OK, I get it now. When I see the term "average ranking" I think of something
other than what you describe. I think you get a more intuitive, and perhaps
more descriptive sense of "average ranking" if you do as follows. You average
the RANKINGS for each candidate by dividing the sum of the rankings of each
candidate by the number of voters. For example, if there are three candidates
and two voters, one voting for A>B>C and the other voting for A>C>B, it goes
like this:

           1 1
           A A 1st
           B C 2nd