[EM] Five Slots and Cranor

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Apr 25 18:37:37 PDT 2001

I was hoping you knew the answer to that.

But I think this would be pretty close:

First find out using regular Cranor the optimum Approval cutoff for each
voter. Then use Cranor restricted to the approved to find the "Approved
Approved" cutoff, etc.

Of course, it might turn out that this procedure gives the optimal
strategies for Universal Approval or Approval Runoff or some other use of
the dyadic ballots instead of "classical" dyadic approval (do I dare call
it that ?) ;-]

I don't know.

Forest