I told Rob Richie, use "IRV", its catchy (was Re: [EM]Approval Elections & Effective Weights

Martin Harper mcnh2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 19:55:18 PDT 2001

Never in the field of human conversation have so many words been used to say
so little to so few...

To summarise: Craig has criticised Approval on the basis of his "effective
weight" criterion. Sadly, he can't give us any kind of defintion on what the
heck this criterion might be. Until we have such a definition, we can't
decide whether Approval passes it or fails it. Neither can we decide whether
it is a good method to pass.

*yawn*