[EM] Instant Pairwise Elimination Runoff

Anthony Simmons asimmons at krl.org
Tue Apr 10 13:38:05 PDT 2001

>> From: DEMOREP1 at aol.com
>> Subject: RE: Instant Pairwise Elimination Runoff

I'm not simply bashing John Q. Voter about just
anything having to do with elections, but
specifically bashing him about the way he will
choose a new voting method.  In the matter of how
the public makes decisions, I'm taking my cue
from the experts -- advertising copy writers.

I do think in general, however, that complex
considerations are likely to be ignored.  I'm
still hearing in editorials that IRV eliminates
spoilers.