Mixed Condorcet-Plurality

Tom Ruen tomruen at itascacg.com
Tue Apr 10 13:00:16 PDT 2001

Demorep,

> 34 ABC
> 33 BCA
> 32 CAB
> 99

By the reasonable assumption that voters put the most energy into their
first rank choice, and lower ranks demonstrate cyclic preferences, I'm
completely willing to abandon majority rule and give victory to A with 34%
of the vote in your example. This is a good demonstration for me where
plurality is a reasonable choice.

Tom