IRV mailing party adventures

LAYTON Craig Craig.LAYTON at add.nsw.gov.au
Thu Apr 5 16:45:32 PDT 2001

Forest,

The scenario you have here is precisely what happened in both the UK and
Australia with the introduction of the Labor party (P3).  In Australia, the
result was a merge of P1 & P2 - in the UK P2 dissapeared altogether - I
think following the usual pattern of a major political party breakup - most
members join P1, a few form a new minor party with no chance of political
success, and a handful go over to P3.