[EM] Apparent list outage

Rob Lanphier roblan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:33:40 PDT 2024

Hi folks,

If you get this email, the recent list outage imposed by Dreamhost may have
been resolved, but I'm not sure.  This is a test message.  I had thought
that we were in the middle of an outage window right now, but it appears
that was last week.  It seems as though much of what Dreamhost is doing is
"break it and see if anyone complains.  I haven't complained yet, but I'm
about to.

I'll note that last week's planned outage included this ominous
message: "*Older
hostnames will be made available again by Wednesday, September 11th, but
will no longer work after September 30th."* I don't know if anything
associated with lists.electorama.com is considered "legacy", but I suppose
we'll find out in October.

To see Dreamhost status reports, view this URL:
https://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

Note the "Subscribe" button in the upper right corner, where it's possible
to get a feed to put in one's calendar, or subscribe to an RSS feed for
outages.

Email me directly at roblan at gmail.com if you have problems, since
robla at robla.net is also hosted by Dreamhost, and I may not get that
email either.