[EM] Did someone not hear what I said about Approval vs Condorcet?

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 13:08:56 PDT 2024

On Sun, May 26, 2024 at 12:39 robert bristow-johnson <
rbj at audioimagination.com> wrote:

> > On 05/26/2024 3:25 PM EDT Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, May 26, 2024 at 04:59 Kristofer Munsterhjelm <
> km_elmet at t-online.de> wrote:
> > > On 2024-05-26 07:28, Michael Ossipoff wrote:
> > >  > Someone keeps repeating that the voters shouldn’t have to vote
> > >  > strategically. He wants the method to do it all for us, after we
> merely
> > >  > state our sincere-rankings.
> > >  >
> > >  > That’s of course a common attitude:
> > >  >
> > >  > …wanting a high-tech, computation-intensive,computer-dependent
> system to
> > >  > do it all for us, taking all the actual choosing responsibility off
> of
> > >  > us.…sheltering & isolating us from the choice.
> > >
> > >  I would prefer that you do not attribute opinions that the proponents
> > >  have not expressed. Nowhere have I said…
> >
> > Whoa. I didn’t mention you. I said only “someone”. I wasn’t referring to
> you.
> >

> Actually, I thought you were referring to me.
>
> Anyway, let's give Kristofer a break that he is seeking.
>
> But that doesn't mean that I will engage you in his absence.  As I told
> Kristofer, I sometimes have to budget my physical, mental, and emotional
> energy.

Suit yourself. I chose to comment on things you said. I didn’t do so in
order to get a reply from you.

This forum, like most, in its rules of conduct, asks that we not keep
repeating an already-answered claim without answering the objections to it.

That’s a basic standard for discussion. It’s the difference between
discussion & bigoted assertion.

You see, the difference is that I answered what you said, where you just
 make like a public sound-system set on endless repeat.

But having answered what you said, I’ve said what I meant to, in regards to
those comments.

…&, having done so, & with no need to answer you again, there’s also no
need to have your postings displayed. So I’m going to again set them to be
rerouted to Trash.