[EM] Taking a break

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Sun May 26 05:28:37 PDT 2024

I've decided to take a break from EM. I'm not sure if I'll unsubscribe
or just not read the list mails.

Part of this is the Wikipedia stuff. Part is real world things unrelated
to EM. And part of it is that I don't have enough energy left to defend
my opinions, and there's been a lot of "why do you think X" mails on
list lately.

Now, "why do you think X" is perfectly legitimate. Responding to them
would just require more than I have at the moment.

I'll end by saying two things. First, to echo Michael's earlier plonk
post: if someone says something outrageous or bizarre and you see no
response from me, that's not because I agree. It's because I didn't see it.

Second: just to repeat, if anybody wants to start doing Wikipedia work,
let me know by mail and I'll give a list of articles that could be
improved, and how.

I think that should be it.

Oh, one more thing. I was doing some cleanup of one of my list folders.
But in retrospect, I think my email filter that sends things to the list
folders has been too broad. Thus, mails sent directly to me, off-list to
this email address with an [EM] tag in the subject might have been sent
to a list folder instead, and so I might have deleted them.

-km