[EM] Manipulability stats for (some) poll methods

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 14:18:11 PDT 2024

Then Plurality is better than Black & Score; & Benham & Woodall are no
better than IRV; & IRV is 4 times better than the best Condorcet methods?

Of course JGA’s results lead to similar questions.

Doesn’t this bring into question the meaningfulness & usefulness of
manipulability as a measure of merit?

IRV has an incomparably worse strategy problem than the best Condorcet
methods.

Plurality is incomparably strategically worse than Approval.

Benham & Woodall, as everyone would agree, significantly improve on IRV.