[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

Michael Garman michael.garman at rankthevote.us
Mon Mar 25 10:18:35 PDT 2024

Much of the opposition to STV came from the fact that it was electing —
shudder! black people and even communists — in a political climate where
those were seen as two of the worst traits a politician could have. That,
more than non-monotonicity, was what did it in in NYC and elsewhere. I
don’t find “reactionaries won’t like it” to be a convincing argument
against progress.