[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue Mar 19 05:28:52 PDT 2024

On 2024-03-18 07:45, Closed Limelike Curves wrote:
> VNM-sense means roughly that a 50 is just as good as a 50% chance of a 0
> or 100.
>
> VNM is great--if you put it together with the Dutch Book theorems, it
> basically gets you to "score voting is the objectively correct voting
> system" ;-)
>
> (Except sadly not if you have strategic voters.)

FWIW, I think the dutch book argument is overrated because it assumes
ceteris paribus :-) That once you've gonne enough trips around the
cycle, someone won't wisen up and say "no".

It's true, though, that things would be much easier if we had an
unforgeable signal of people's utility. Or just interpersonal utility
comparison at every scale, even if people could lie.

-km