[EM] Fwd: Election-Methods Digest, Vol 236, Issue 18

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 00:42:05 PDT 2024

Experience suggests that natural, sincere, top-cycles are,  & likely will
be, vanishingly rare.

Strategic top-cycles?

The wv Condorcet methods, such as RP(wv) & MinMax(wv), strongly deter
offensive strategy.

As I posted yesterday, that deterrence happens in two ways.

1. They meet Minimal-Defense.
2. Additionally, they’re strongly autodeterent.

If the CW’s preferrers refuse to rank anyone that they don’t like, then
burial to elect someone they don’t like will backfire.

But even without that defensive-truncation, burial is 10 times more likely
to backfire than succeed.

Burial, offensive-strategy won’t happen in wv Condorcet, because it’s
well-deterred, in both of the abo-described ways.