[EM] Fwd: Election-Methods Digest, Vol 236, Issue 18

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 13:45:51 PDT 2024

On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 11:52 robert bristow-johnson <
rbj at audioimagination.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 6:14 PM Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Reply continued:
> > >
> > > Anyone who votes other than all-or-nothing in a public political
> election is using poor strategy.
> > >

> But requiring voters to use **any** strategy at all is IMO just
> undesirable.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a ranked-method do it all for you !!

I listed a lot of important unique Approval advantages that are lost by the
complicated automatic-machines that are called “ranked-methods”.

Compared to those important advantages, the matter of voters’ qualification
to use Approval well are the least of our concerns.

Even the best ranked-method won’t help if it doesn’t get enacted because it
doesn’t have Approval’s simplicity, absolute minimalness, unique
unarbitrariness, & completely cost-free implementation.

…or if its results are easily falsified by count-fraud that’s difficult to
detect due to an elaborate complex count.