[EM] Electing Cabinets/Executive Committees

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:22:30 PDT 2024

Just realized: for legislatures or orgs with proportional budgeting, this
can be done by VCG mechanism! Legislators "pay" for cabinet positions using
their share of the budget. Those who spend more voting power on cabinet
picks will have less voting power when it comes time to pass a budget.
(Downside: this is definitely complicated, even if it's probably a big
improvement in terms of efficiency.)