[EM] inaccurate Fargo approval voting results

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 11:23:30 PDT 2024

Michael—that seems a bit uncalled for.

I did forget about the NYC race, you're right. Like I said, IRV only has
pathologies about 10-15% of the time, so out of the first 4
competitive+high-profile IRV elections (NYC, the two Alaska House races,
and the Alaska Senate race) only 2 have had gross pathologies (Alaska
Senate was a decapitation pathology that avoided a center-squeeze).

Although, with that said, I don't think the New York primary was a good
showing for IRV either. Every method had Eric Adams as the winner
(including FPP), but 17.5% of the ballots were exhausted by the end of the
race, and NYC almost declared the wrong winner because of errors in
vote-counting.