[EM] Blocking rb-j

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sat Jun 8 15:40:10 PDT 2024

> On 06/08/2024 6:27 PM EDT Michael Garman <michael.garman at rankthevote.us> wrote:
>

> I hate to give my sworn enemy Ossipoff credit for anything, but I have to concede he’s right about the futility of engaging with rb-j. He can consider himself blocked with the usual note that if I’ve declined to respond it’s because he’s been plonked, not because he’s made an irrefutable point. ----

> On 06/08/2024 6:21 PM EDT Michael Garman <michael.garman at rankthevote.us> wrote:
>

> You evidently don’t know what you’re talking about. This conversation has run its course.

My that's persuasive.  Neither do Wesley Holliday, Eric Pacuit, Charles Munger, Robbie Robinette, James Green-Armytage, Florenz Plassmann, Nicolaus Tideman, Eric Maskin, nor Ned Foley evidently know what they're talking about.  (Or Kristofer Munsterhjelm or Markus Schulze for that matter.)

Each of these people are quite googleable.  Most have Wikipedia pages about them.  One is a Nobel laureate and received his Nobel for his work on voting systems and social choice.  But we don't know what we're talking about.

Hay, Michael, might you write up what you *do* know that you're talking about and submit it to peer review and get it published in a reputable journal?  You need to understand who your company is, in this mailing list.  We're all just a bunch of persons who "evidently don’t know what [they're] talking about."

I haven't plonked anyone.  I haven't plonked either of the Michaels.  One complains that I don't respond (I pick and choose my battles, I have finite energy), the other doesn't like it when I do.

r b-j . _ . _ . _ . _ rbj at audioimagination.com

.
.
.