[EM] inaccurate Fargo approval voting results

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:51:26 PDT 2024

Michael—as mentioned, the error was a minor mistake in converting the vote
totals to percentages, because Fargo didn’t report turnout (so it had to be
estimated based on votes on other ballot initiatives).

It’s not a tabulation error, like the ones we’ve seen for IRV elections.
IRV races have sometimes even declared the wrong winner because of the
complexity of aggregating all the votes (non-summability).