[EM] Open letter to STAR voting promoters

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Tue Jun 4 09:30:36 PDT 2024

> On 06/04/2024 11:57 AM EDT Richard, the VoteFair guy <electionmethods at votefair.org> wrote:
>

> On 6/4/2024 4:53 AM, Michael Ossipoff wrote:
>  > Are you saying that the IRV that the  November referendum would enact
>  > allows & counts equal ranking of several candidates.
>
> YES
>
>  > …&, if it’s “Yes”, then how does it count that equal ranking?
>
> It avoids this "counting detail" by not mentioning anything about it.

Well, that's just fucked.  You can't have legislation without dealing with that detail.  No IRV legislation I have ever seen anywhere **ever** allows for equal ranking of candidates.  Only unranked candidates are tied for last place on the ballot.  (This includes BTR-IRV which is "Condorcet consistent".)

r b-j . _ . _ . _ . _ rbj at audioimagination.com

.
.
.