[EM] Open letter to STAR voting promoters

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 04:53:48 PDT 2024

 VoteFair Guy:

Are you saying that the IRV that the  November referendum would enact
allows & counts equal ranking of several candidates.

That’s a yes or no question.

Yes or no?

…&, if it’s “Yes”, then how does it count that equal ranking?

Does every one of your top-ranked candidates get a point (“vote”) from your
ballot, or does each of them get a useless little fraction of a vote
divided among them?  …You know, split-vote in a method that you say doesn’t
have a split-vote problem.

An no, don’t embark on some long evasion or preface. I doubt that people
will be willing to search for your answer in a long mass of meaning-mystery
text.

The reason I ask is, you’ve been promoting the referendum as what it would
be if were something different from what it is.