[EM] a motion.

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Jan 28 01:28:03 PST 2024

I was forgeting that the Young double-slit experiment is not a
specifically quantum effect but goes back to 1800. And its wave
interference was recognsed in classical physics, changing physicists
Newtonian particle view of light.

However, the quantum analogy with elections is still apparent. By the
sum over paths principle, a single electron has the propensity to pass
thru both slits. "The vote" can analogously pass thru both "slits" when
it is a transferable vote, which is the one vote that allows each voter
to share their vote with more than one candidate. In fact this is the
reason why STV is the only genuinely sharing vote; the only true form of
"proportional representation."

Richard Lung.