[EM] Summability and resistant set election: two other options excluded

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Sat Jan 6 10:37:45 PST 2024

On 2024-01-06 19:19, Joshua Boehme wrote:

> It depends on sub-elections, so it's not entirely surprising that
> pairwise comparisons might not be sufficient. In that case, the ballots
> themselves might be as simple as you can go (resistant set is a function
> of all 2- through n-candidate sub-elections, which in turn is a function
> of the original ballots).

Sometimes we get lucky. E.g. determining the smallest mutual majority
set is (to my knowledge) not doable with polyspace (summable) arrays,
but a method can still pass the mutual majority criterion and be
summable. Clone sets generally can't be identified with summable
information either (again to my knowledge), but methods can be cloneproof.

I was just hoping that something like that might be the case here. No
luck so far.

-km