[EM] Manipulability stats for (some) poll methods

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 27 05:44:50 PDT 2024

Kristofer,

> The simulator uses full ballots, so Smith//DAC is the same as
> Smith//DSC. If truncation would make the method more resistant, that's
> not reflected here.

As the nominator of Smith//DAC I strongly request that in that case you
list it as Smith//DSC  and accept that the Smith//DAC poll candidate
hasn't been simulated. It has a  strong truncation incentive, and
forcing full strict ranking destroys most of its point.

BTW there is no justification for Smith//DSC versus Smith,DSC.

Also with the voters fully strict ranking, the three versions of Raynaud
become the same thing and those three "winning votes" Condorcet methods
become the same thing as Margins.

But nonetheless some of this is interesting, thanks.

Chris