[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 20 09:41:51 PDT 2024

Joshua,

> In an A versus B comparison, since A's "winning votes" are the ones for A, A's "losing votes" would be the ones for B.
A's  ("winning" or "losing") votes are only votes for A.  In an A versus
B comparison, the votes for A are "losing" if A loses that pairwise
contest and "winning" if  A wins it.

The votes for B in that contest are not "A's losing votes".  It might be
ok English to call them "A's *opposing* votes", but no-one mentioned
anything like that.

> If B did *worse* against C (B beats C by less than 4), B becomes the winner under this method.

That would be an example of the failure of Mono-raise that I mentioned.
The methods that all behave like MinMax when there are just 3 candidates
all meet it.

BTW,  Gross Loser Elimination (or any Winning Votes method) can't
function with only a "margin matrix".  The gross scores are needed.

Chris