[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Joshua Boehme joshua.p.boehme at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 04:22:52 PDT 2024

I'm going to try to restate this to see if I follow. Ignore computational complexity for the moment. I'm going to use margins as the basis just to keep it clear.

Take all N! potential orderings, and for each consider the margins for the N(N-1)/2 resulting pairwise comparisons (e.g., A>B>C gives A over B, A over C, and B over C). If you're upholding a pairwise defeat, the margin is positive; if you're reversing a pairwise defeat it's negative; and pairwise ties are always zero. Pick the ordering whose weakest comparison is best. Break ties by looking at the second weakest, then third weakest, etc.

That is, if you sort each ordering's comparison strengths in ascending order, you want the one that is lexicographically best.

Am I right in this?