[EM] Hare (aka IRV) versus STAR

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Fri Apr 12 12:02:42 PDT 2024

------ Original message------From: Closed Limelike CurvesDate: Fri, Apr 12, 2024 14:49To: robert bristow-johnson;Cc: election-methods at lists.electorama.com;Subject:Re: [EM] Hare (aka IRV) versus STARMy goodness, I certainly disagree with that.How high do I score my second-favorite candidate (or my lesser-evil candidate)?You max-score them if your favorite isn't one of the frontrunners.How will I know that, in a close 3-way race?Why would I want to throw away my vote for my fav by equal-scoring my lesser-evil to my fav?