[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Fri Apr 12 06:58:29 PDT 2024

This poll, I gather from the unfamiliar sounding names, is of
single-member systems. But there need not be two classes of election
systems, single-member and multi-member. There are not two truths of
electoral system. There is (one truth) general electoral system

It has been believed that the lack of proportional representation in
single-member systems set them apart. But this is not necessarily the
case. It is possible to have a general election system that works the
same way for single-member systems as multi-member systems. Indeed
(pardon me) I have invented it! The way it is done is to hold both an
election count and an exclusion count, based on keep values, and average
them, whether in a single or multi-member system.

This redeems single-member systems for a rational count, as in
multi-member systems. Without this, single-member systems, unlike
multi-member systems, are stuck at a sub-rational level of accuracy, and
are basically (“last past the post”) elimination counts.

Regards,

Richard Lung.