[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 18:16:19 PDT 2024

Of course, in the poll’s final choice, it’s very unlikely that several
Condorcet versions will choose differently. But, for thoroughness, since we
have a few days before voting,why not choose a version, just in case
there’s a circular tie.

Maybe it’s premature to assume that you prefer to leave it at Schulze.

So:

Part 1) (not primary): Why not, for starters,  post a few suggestions.
Let’s state a few of our favorites—ones that we like & would agree with.

For example, these are my most favorite, that I’d agree with—I’d agree with
*any* one of them!

Condorcet-IRV
RP(wv)
Schulze
MinMax(wv)

So, I suggest & ask (as a member, not an “administrator”, whatever that
is), what are a few of your most favorite, that you’d agree with?

Part 2) (primary): Since you most prefer rank methods, then let’s rank *a
few of* our most favorite methods.

My preference-order ranking is the one in which my favorites are listed
above.

Of course, as before, there’s probably a CW, & so it doesn’t matter which
Condorcet counts those rankings.

But what if they disagree? Then, for that eventuality, I suggest Voter’s
Choice

It’s simply this:

You automatically approve what your designated method chooses, & everything
you like better. Simple & well-justified, & doesn’t need any agreement on a
method.

My designated method is RP(wv), because it’s usually socially preferred to
the Schulze winner, it meets LIIAC, & it’s simple, natural, intuitive