[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 12:52:07 PDT 2024

> I didn’t answer your other question:

>>  And surely anyone here on this list can nominate any method they choose
>> (and have it accepted/acknowledged) regardless of whether or not the
>> method's supporters want it nominated.

Yes, I have to agree that that sounds fair.

But don’t you want the STAR initiative next month in Eugene, Oregon to pass?

We’re mostly Condorcetists here. STAR would finish below everything but IRV
& Plurality. It would finish 3rd-from-bottom.

The IRVists would call attention to that in Eugene.

I don’t think you want that any more than I do.

EqualVote has worked long & hard on that initiative.

…&, unlike the dishonesty & fraud of FairVote, the EqualVote people have
been honest.

Of course anyone can nominate anything, because the poll would lose
democratic-legitimacy & if I tried to say otherwise. But surely you don’t
want to do that to them.

Anyway, wouldn’t it be a step up, to demonstrate in Eugene that there are
better things than Plurality?