[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

James Gilmour jamesgilmour at f2s.com
Fri Apr 5 13:14:54 PDT 2024

There's some muddled thinking here.

If you are electing a president or a mayor, you will use a single-winner election method.

If you are electing a "representative assembly" like a parliament or town council, you would use (should use) a multi-winner election method.  Only be using a multi-winner method can you begin to ensure that the elected assembly is properly representative of those who voted.

So before you hold your "Poll on voting systems", you must define the purpose of the election for which the voting system is to be used.

James Gilmour
Edinburgh, Scotland