[EM] Fwd: Fwd: Ranked Pairs

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:32:30 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 11:32
Subject: Re: [EM] Fwd: Ranked Pairs
To: Colin Champion <colin.champion at routemaster.app>

You aren’t being very clear with us regarding the sense in which you mean
that margins beats wv at “constant” burial.

With wv, if your candidate is CW, & you refuse to rank candidates outside
your approval-set, then an attempt to use burial to change the winner to
someone outside your approval-set will backfire.