[EM] The AMS has switched from Ranked Pairs to Instant-Runoff Voting

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sun Mar 5 02:50:13 PST 2023

Their specification doesn't say what to do if two pairs have equal
margins, although other forms of tie are at least vaguely described. I
assume "there is a tie" means "the margin is zero", but the language is
slightly misleading. Maybe whenever two pairs had equal margins the AMS
resorted to a coin toss between all candidates.

CJC