[EM] Elimination by MinPO to the MMPO candidate.

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:04:41 PDT 2023

It looks like the simplest procedure is to start by eliminating all
candidates outside of Smith.

Then elect the sincere winner between the Smith MMPO candidate K and the
Smth candidate X with the MaxPO against K.

I should have listened to Chris in the first place!

To make this method Landau compliant, if K is covered, repeatedly update
the candidate  variablenK as the candidate that covers K with the least
pairwise opposition from the previous value of K.

Then initialize variable X as the candidate with the greatest PO against
this final value of K, and repeatedly update it as the candidate that
covers its previous value with the greatest pairwise opposition to K.

The sincere runoff is between these two Landau candidates.

None of this changes the results of our examples, because all candidates
were members of the Landau set ... which is the case whenever Smith has
fewer than four candidates.

fws