[EM] Adjusted Condorcet Plurality, an interesting new LNHarm+LNHelp method

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue Jan 24 16:23:13 PST 2023

On 1/22/23 17:55, Kevin Venzke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is the procedure for "Adjusted Condorcet Plurality":
>
> 1. From the submitted rankings, identify the first preference winner (FPW).
> 2. Edit all the ballots so that all preferences below the FPW are removed/truncated.
> 3. On the revised ballot set, check for a Condorcet winner. Elect them if there is one.
> 4. Else elect the FPW.

That's nice and indeed interesting!

My method finder wouldn't have found this because (if I understand it
right) it's not summable.

Does your simulator have a strategy susceptibility calculator? If so, is
it any good on that measure?

> 40 A>C
> 35 B>C
> 25 C>B
>
> In the LNHarm-only version, the A>C voters are able to block B from beating C, and C can't
> defeat B, so A wins. Not great: FPP is probably the only other method that picks A here.
> (The normal version of ACP with both LNHs elects B.)

That's even more Plurality-focused than IFPP. That does take some doing.

-km