[EM] Election-Methods Digest, Vol 222, Issue 21

John Karr brainbuz at brainbuz.org
Mon Jan 23 01:39:04 PST 2023

I looked at something similar when writing Vote::Count
[https://metacpan.org/pod/Vote::Count]. I couldn't find any literature
on it and it seemed like a great idea, I called it CondorcetVsIRV or
Redacting.

When I began to look at how it performed with data from elections where
Condorcet and IRV do not agree, it almost always chose the IRV winner,
demonstrating that in most cases where the two don't agree that there is
usually a later harm effect on the Condorcet side. I think the approach
could be  valuable as a tool for measuring later harm effects, but not
worth the complexity for use as a real world method.

Minds gets scrambled like eggs
Get bruised and erased
When you live in a brainstorm

— Alice Cooper: Hard Hearted Alice