[EM] Hay guys, look at this...

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Fri Feb 17 04:32:59 PST 2023

On 2/17/23 04:46, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnSE5wPa1y7k-Y_zblLRwxc2Ol1QmrUs/view?usp=share_link

Nice! Two comments:

- The ballot format allows for equal rank. I'm not familiar with legal
language, but from the document, it seems like everything needs to be
precisely described. Thus it might be a good idea to specify how
equal-rank first preferences are counted: does A=B>C give one point to
both A and B, or half a point to both?

- There's a chance it would backfire if someone engineers a Condorcet
cycle. Perhaps better is that the highest Plurality scorer among the
candidates with the highest number of pairwise wins, wins instead?
That's Copeland,Plurality and thus Smith.

Of course, if the legislative document is meant to implement
Condorcet,Plurality specifically (and it's past the "which method do we
choose" stage), then disregard what I just said and go for
Condorcet,Plurality - we'll see how it goes :-)

-km