[EM] Fwd: Legacy IRV limitations

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 19:32:22 PST 2023

On Sun, Dec 17, 2023 at 10:23 PM Michael Garman <
michael.garman at rankthevote.us> wrote:

> What the fuck do you want me to do?

How about what I suggested.Write to them with your suggestion that they
clarify their wording.

> I have no connection to FairVote.

...& you know that you'd be ignored if you wrote to them & suggested that
they clarify their wording.  You know that they won't do so, because it
benefits them for people to believe the lie.

> Attacking proponents of electoral reform as messengers of fraud -- when
> their claims are not fraudulent --  supports Trump's rhetoric. This isn't
> rocket science.

The claims are fraudulent.  I'm referring to the lie that I quoted. Use of
a lie to sell something is fraud.  You say it's just a misunderstanding of
wording that could be clearer. So it's just an accidental oversight that
the wording implies something false?  Why don't they change it? They've
been criticized for it for a long time.

Confronted with that mis-statement, FairVote once agreed to change the
wording....& then evidently decided not to. Whyi? If they don't mean for it
to be interpreted as written, then whyi don't they clarify it, after
they've been asked to & have agreed to?  How about because it's an
intentional lie.

In a debate with Clay Shentrup, Aaron Hamiln & others, Richie never made
that particular claim. Why ever not? Howabout because he knew that he
couldn't get away with that lie among that company.