[EM] Legacy IRV limitations

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 04:09:43 PST 2023

First, I suggest a better name for IRV/RCV:

Better name, definition, & equal-ranking rule:

Name:

Successive Topcount Elimination (STE).

Definition:

Repeatedly eliminate the candidate who tops fewest ballots, till someone
tops most of them.

Equal Ranking Rule:

Who say that the topcount can’t be by Approval instead of Vote-For-1 (VF1)?

You have 2 favorites, so you have to give them each only half support?
That’s an unnecessary & inappropriate carryover from VF1.