[EM] Selective Ranked Pairs

Filip Ejlak tersander at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 04:12:46 PDT 2023

Here's a Smith method that seems to be monotonic, cloneproof and DMTC
burial resistant (at least in non-tie scenarios):

1. List all the pairwise victories.
2. For any XYZ cycle with X being the fpA-fpC winner, remove the Z>X
majority from the list.
3. Proceed with the Ranked Pairs method.

I'm not sure how to handle ties in order to get total criteria compliance.
Also, I will be thankful for some independent checks.

(I've also looked into IRV with donations, but my implementation was
painfully clone-dependent - when the winner is cloned, then another
candidate may get the opportunity to donate their votes so that they become
the winner, as the previous winner's clones have too few votes on their own
to influence the elimination process.)