[EM] Ultimate SPE Agenda Processing: Sink Swap Bubble

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 23:37:49 PDT 2023

Here's a compromise:

Let A be the Agenda Uncovering winner.

If voters are sincere, A is my best estimate of who should be elected.

If A is defeated pairwise, then the votes are probably not sincere.

So if A is undefeated, elect A ... Else elect C, the Most Favorable Enemy
of A ... the candidate most likely to have been thrown under the bus by the
A voters to create an artificial cycle to their advantage.

If a sufficient number challenges the outcome, have a manual runoff between
A and C.

This won't punish A, but it will make the burial futile ... a big waste of
time ... putting some friction into the dynamics.

-Forest