[EM] The Quintessential UD Generalized Median Method?

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:14:10 PDT 2022

We should call this method MEPO for .Min Expected Pairwise Opposition in
comparison with Min Max Pairwise Opposition MMPO.

The main defect of MMPO is Plurality failure, which cannot afflict MEPO as
long as E is the Random Favorite Lottery Expectation, i.e. the Benchmark
Lottery Expectation.

By the way, when Kevin first posted about MMPO, he based it on the same
geometry that I used to describe MEPO:
As X moves further from Y, the number of ballots that prefer Y over X
increases.

-Forest