[EM] truncation (was re: Easy fix to Alaska's ranked-choice voting)

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sat Nov 12 14:06:11 PST 2022

Ken Bearman (who is unable to post to this list) sent some further info:
"At least here in Minneapolis and doubtless the other MN cities using
IRV/STV, too, I believe the limit on the number of candidates a voter
can rank is due to software limitations.  There's also the issue of
certification of hardware.  I don't know why nothing has progressed here
on those things."
    He adds: "I've never learned exactly which level of government
(city, count, or state) has to do the work to get anything certified."

CJC