[EM] Easy fix to Alaska's ranked-choice voting

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Thu Nov 10 10:41:00 PST 2022

On 10.11.2022 18:07, Toby Pereira wrote:
> So do you have a nice and simple definition of this method that anyone
> can understand?
>
> Where do you now stand on your Quick and Clean Burial Resistant Smith
> method? At the time, it seemed to be the best thing since sliced bread,
> but amongst all the posts, it now it appears not to have resisted, er,
> burial.

There have been so many voting methods proposals lately, so I think some
kind of simulator would be needed to winnow them out. Either that or a
lot of meticulous theoretical work so that we could classify the methods
in groups for which VSE/strategy resistance would be known.

I have something that kind of looks like such a strategy simulator, but
the code is incredibly ugly. It needs to be rewritten or redone, but I
haven't had the time.

So until someone writes an extensible simulator where it's easy to chain
together components to get e.g. Friendly Cover, QCBRS or GLE... the
uncertainty remains.

On a bit of a side note: I don't think any Condorcet method that only
uses the Condorcet matrix can satisfy weak immunity to burial (DMTCBR).
I have no proof of this, but neither did my exploration (that found
fpA-fpC) find any such method.

-km