[EM] Majority

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sun May 29 12:00:22 PDT 2022

I'm confused... I thought Forest was providing a philosophical argument
in favour of minimax, but I can't read Kevin's reply as expressing
philosophical doubts over that method.
    As for philosophy... I think it's important that the average voter
should be able to see that the electoral system is *a* fair way of
identifying a collective preference, but too much to ask for that he or
she should recognise it as *the* best way. The former needs a
philosophical argument similar to Forest's (understood as referring to
minimax).
    CJC